SMS PAC Meeting Notes April 6, 2015
Meeting called to order at 8:38 am
Attendees: Chelsea Etherington, Michelle Ettelstein, Suzanne Gilmer, Cindy Francois, Jenifer Snelling, Kevin McIntosh, Marianne Funderhide, Maia Agranoff
Principal's Report –
1. Boundary adjustment was approved. We need to determine what role PAC will play for the new families switching from LRMS to SMS. A possible parent night for these families was mentioned. Students who were already approved for inter-district transfers can stay at their current school.
2. Parent Night for incoming 6th graders will be 4/16/15 from 6:00 to 7:30pm.
3. 8th graders will go to SHS for elections this Friday.
4. Smarter Balanced testing started last week.
5. May 7 & 8 will be SMS conferences. Schedule will be Thursday May 7, 8:00 to 11:30 arena style conferences, then 1:00 to 4:00 scheduled conferences, then 5:00 to 8:00 arena style again.
6. May 8 will be 8:00 to noon, scheduled conferences only.
7. Staff appreciation week will be the same week as conferences. Administration will cover the staff dinner on Thursday May 7th.
8. Budget committee meeting coming up, and the budget will be lower for next year.
President’s Report – Michelle Ettelstein
1. March minutes – Maia Agranoff motioned to approve the minutes; Jenifer Snelling seconded the motion and they were approved.
2. Domaine name renewal – we decided to do a 3-year GoDaddy renewal. Suzanne Gilmer motioned to approve it and Chelsea Etherington seconded it.
3. 5th grade parent night will be April 16 from 6-7:30. PAC will have a table to recruit new members and volunteers.
4. Michelle Ettelstein put together a volunteer sign-up form for parents called “Success in the Middle” with details on what parent volunteering looks like in middle school. We decided it should be mailed with the registration packet that is sent out in August. How to collect the forms needs to be determined. Michelle will talk with Alllison Kopp in the Copy Center.
5. Michelle plans to attend Archer Glen PAC and Edy Ridge PAC meetings to recruit new PAC members.
6. 8th grade Promotion & Dance will be Thursday June 11th. Promotion will be 4:00 to 5:00pm and Dance will be 5:30 to 8:00pm. Leadership kids gave Michelle a lot of ideas for themes. We will coordinate with LRMS and get their leadership kids to provide a list of themes, and then they can vote on them. Jen Snelling has recruited several people to help with the planning and set-up. Food is TBD.
1. Treasurer – Michelle Ettelstein distributed the financial activity report. Current total balance of both accounts is $31,998.
2. Fundraising – Suzanne Gilmer is organizing a Fundraising night at Five Guys in Tualatin. She will let us know when the date is finalized.
3. Volunteers – Hoop Run is this Wednesday and Thursday, April 8-9. A few volunteers will be needed to count hoops and laps.
4. Hospitality – May 4, 5, 6 we will provide dinners for staff appreciation week.
5. Marketing – Leslie Block to put marketing binder together for next year.
6. School Store – Chelsea said sales are down, and fruit snacks and puddings are the biggest sellers.
Next Meeting: Monday, May 4, 8:30am
Meeting adjourned 9:35am.