SMS PAC Meeting Notes March 2, 2015
Meeting called to order at 8:35 am
Attendees: Chelsea Etherington, Michelle Ettelstein, Suzanne Gilmer, Cindy Francois, Jenifer Snelling
Principal's Report – given by Michelle Ettelstein since Ms. Funderhide absent
1. 8th grade parent night is tonight, March 2nd at SHS from 6:30 to 7:30.
2. Tuesday March 3 will be the meeting to discuss the future of early release/CLT, at Middleton at 6pm.
3. Boundary change meeting March 4 at Archer Glen from 6:00 to 7:00pm.
4. All District Band Concert will be Tuesday 3/10 at SHS 7 to 8pm.
5. Smarter Balance update – students have been taking interim assessments on math and language arts
President’s Report – Michelle Ettelstein
1. Target Take Charge of Education – we received a check for $337.77. They will send these out in February rather than in the fall.
2. Mr. Lally’s fund request was approved prior to the meeting and he is happy about that.
3. 8th Grade Promotion and Dance – Michelle has been in contact with LRMS about forming a committee to plan the dance. Jenifer Snelling and Chis Hix will help coordinate this. Suzanne will give them the current 8th grade enrollment numbers so they can decide how to divide the costs between the two schools.
4. Elementary School visits for volunteer info – We will visit their PAC meetings in April or May to try and recruit volunteers and PAC members this spring. Another possibility is do to sign-ups at 5thgrade parent dessert night which will be in May.
5. We discussed possible names for PAC positions for next year.
1. Treasurer – Michelle Ettelstein distributed the financial activity report.
2. Fundraising – Suzanne Gilmer is organizing a Fundraising night at Five Guys in Tualatin. We discussed having it on a Wednesday or Thursday night. Suzanne will let us know when the date is finalized.
3. School Store – Chelsea Etherington said we are still selling candy before and after school until it’s gone. Sales have been up after school since no candy sold during school hours. Toy sales have been up.
1. Monday, April 6, 8:30am
Meeting adjourned 9:40am.